Sheffield Design Awards 2016
Nominations for the biennial Sheffield Design Awards have now closed. The winners will be announced at the Awards ceremony on 26th October 2016 in the Head Post Office building in Fitzalan Square, the new home of the Sheffield Institute of Arts at Sheffield Hallam University.
Voting for the People’s Choice Award now open. You can cast your vote and see the full shortlist by submitting your email address. Previous winners of the People’s Choice Award include SUM Studios, the Arts Tower and Leopold Square.
Awards will be given to buildings and open spaces that have high architectural standards and make a substantial contribution to the local environment. The categories are:
• Outstanding Project of the Year Award – Overall prize winner
• Conservation Award
• Small Project Award
• Contribution to Open Spaces Award
• Best Building Award
• Housing / Residential Award
There are also two other awards which run alongside the Sheffield Design Awards:
• The People’s Choice: Voted for by the public for their favourite iconic building. Vote today to have your say on the 2016 winner.
• The Keith Hayman Award for the outstanding contribution to cycling or public art in Sheffield.
Nominations are taken from those submitted for the Awards above and are judged by the Trustees of Sheffield Civic Trust.
Many thanks to our sponsors, without which, the Awards could not go ahead. This year’s headline sponsor is NHBC, the UK’s leading standard-setting body and provider of warranty and insurance for new homes. The event sponsors are: Nabarro, Taylor Maxwell, Arup, Silcock Leedham and Minerva Appointments.
For further details about the Awards, please contact Jamie Wilde email@example.com.